Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jonell Polansky

I interviewed Jonell Polansky on May 28th, 2008 at noon. I drove out to see her studio (DaCapo Music) in Nashville - her setup is unconventional, vast and highly functional - very cool lady.

Jonell came from an electrical engineering background, so to say she has the technical side of audio recording down would be an understatement. She is clearly intelligent which was made evident the minute I was lead inside. In fact, speaking with her about the technical side of engineering made me feel like I needed more schooling! It was hard to keep up with this firecracker of a woman - she has so much energy and is so cerebral, I wondered if I had left my brain at the door. : P

She also plays guitar and is a pioneer in the field - entering it from the technical side and merging it with her musical side. She moonlights as an inventor and has so many fascinating ideas (some applicable to audio functions) - none of which she fully shared (patent pending), which I understood entirely. Plus, that wasn't the reason for the visit.

No, really, she knows her stuff and is a very fascinating woman who is also on nashvillemusicpros.com - she is kind and inviting and seems to really know how to navigate the men in the business - in her own way. For more info, you are gonna hafta read the book. And no, I won't use "gonna" or "hafta" in the book, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment